Topic for August
Check Out Resources for Older Veterans
During these long August days, it’s a great time to dive into VA resources for older Veterans. Whether you are an older Veteran, a family member or caregiver for a Veteran of any age, or you serve Veterans, check out these resources:
- VA Caregiver Support– Resources and programs for family caregivers
- VA Mental Health– Information, resources and treatment options for mental health conditions and other challenges
- VA Primary Care– Gives eligible Veterans easy access to team based, patient-centered care and providers familiar with their needs
- VA Rehabilitation and Prosthetics– Programs and services that promote health, independence and quality of life for Veterans with disabilities
- VA Rural Health– Resources for rural Veterans and community providers; strives to break down barriers that separate rural Veterans from quality care
- VA Social Work– Links Veterans and their family caregivers to resources and services to support treatment goals and assist with resolving housing, finance, mood, relationship and physical limitation issues
- VA Survivors and Burial Benefits Kit– Pre-need planning information and record storage for Veterans and their families
- Veterans Health Library Helps you learn about your health problems, medical tests and treatments, and medications via trusted easy-to-understand information, tools and videos on thousands of topics
Of course, there are also many agencies and services (non-VA resources) that can be of benefit as well.
To learn more talk with a VA social worker or visit www.va.gov/Geriatrics.